UNI ESSENTIALS

September 19, 2018

With this week being freshers week and with all us students antcipating our loan coming in next week, I thought now was a perfect time to post about my University essentials. Things that I could not get through student life without...

UniDays
For me, a new year at Uni means a new wardrobe is necessary. You have just finished summer break and your wardrobe is full of crop tops and cute skirts, but when the time for University to start back comes, its a new season, Autumn!
So, your crop tops need to be replaced with cropped jumpers and your cute coloured skirts turn to muted denim skirts with thick tights underneath, all in an atempt to look on trend while also keeping as warm as possible in Ireland's freezing Autumn weather. However, a whole new wardrobe can be an expensive investment for a student....
Image result for unidays
Although...a new Uni year also means that the holy grail student loan is due any minute!!

As well as the student loan for that little bit of help in funding your wardrobe, UniDays is also there to help!

UniDays is an app that compiles a lot of brands student discount codes into one place for students to have easy access to money off things like clothes, technology and even food! 

Coffee

You might think you aren't a coffee drinker and never will be....you're wrong.


I had never liked coffee...until I started University, now, I can't get enough, It's a problem.


Also when there is a Starbucks Coffee literally inside the University campus, it is hard to turn down an almond milk latte or 2. 


However, this habit becomes extremely expensive and so over the summer I have developed a new addiction to coffee that exceeds anything a hot coffee could ever.....ICED COFFEE.

Image result for coffee quotes
While on a stroll through tesco, my eye was immediately attracted to something that was just perfectly sitting on one of their (cleverly placed) offer isles. A box of iced coffee sachets, you literally just add water and ice... and they were only £1 for 8. That is most defintely cheaper than 8 starbucks coffees. 
Although when not on offer they are £2.50, however this is still a lot cheaper than 8 overpriced coffees. 

These are now a must for me in the mornings and can be put into a flask a brought on the journey to Uni with me and will stay cold!


A comfortable bag

In my very first weeks at University, I brought a handbag with me everyday. I felt that this was a lot more gorwn up compared to the scruffy schoolbags I had been using everyday in school before. However, this very quickly got way to heavy to carry over my shoulder or arm and I soon realised that I wanted to chuck it in a hedge walking to Uni everyday. 

So I soon switched to a cute black leather backpack, which is so much handier for bring to and from University. It doesn't feel as heavy on my back and is most definetly a lot less annoying. 

I highly recommend everyone to bring a backpack over a handbag as it's the little things that make your Uni experience more bareable, especially if you live further away and travel to Uni.

Cute stationary

I can't be the only one that gets excited for my student loan to come in so I can go and buy the cutest stationary!

Every year without fail, I purchase a cute dairy planner, and I say to myself that this year I am going to be more organised and write down everything I have to do in my planner and get my life in order....does this happen? No buttt I still buy one in the hopes that I am going to get my sh*t together and use it! 

I just wish I could be that organised.....maybe someday.



Snacks 

If you're in a long day in Uni or over lunch time, you will need to eat or you will burn out. Although, buying food on campus can be expensive and will suck up your student loan if you do this everyday. So, I always try to bring snacks with me rather than going to the shop. I also will try to bring in lunches with me, like pasta, something simple!

This also helps me to avoid them flipping Pango sausage baps...so I tend to eat a little healthier. 

A bottle of water is also a most in University. It's just annoying having to buy a new bottle every time.

Earphones

These are an absolute essential when travelling to Uni, especially when it takes over an hour and two different trains, I can not be bothered listening to the noise of other people in the mornings. 

In relation to this, I also highly suggest everyone pays for spotify premium. With the UniDays Spotify discount code it gets you 50% off, meaning it is only £4.99 a month! This is very worht being able to skip songs and also save them to listen to when you're offline so you don't have to waste your data listening to music. 




These are all my essentials for Uni that help to make student life that little bit better, especially for me when travelling to Uni. 

Thank you for reading, 
Siobhan McKerr x 

1 comment:

  1. Totally relate to the coffee addiction! I've started buying mocha sachets like you mentioned because my trips to Starbucks were getting way out of hand.

    Good luck for second year! xx

    http://orlaghclaire.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.