How I plan to survive final year.....

September 26, 2019



So how do I do this again....?

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog that died for almost a year before I decided to revive it...I honestly don't know how that happened.

I think the stress of exam season last year took over and my priorities ended up in other places. I couldn't even imagine trying to think of a blog post at that time my brain was just mush from all the exam cramming. 

But with that said, I am now approaching what is probably going to be the toughest, most stressful year of my life...the dreaded FINAL YEAR. 

Week one has been completed and just like the start of every univeristy year, I feel very motivated, but I'm sure that's about to very quickly start declining. The difference this year is that I want to avoid that as much as possible. I feel ready to get my head down and just get this year done with a good grade (hopefully) at the end of the year. I hope graduate with at least a 2:1, and I know I have a lot to do before then, so these are the tips I am giving to myself this year to help me fet through the year and stay sane!


1. Get into a routine as quick as possible

During the summer days blur into each other and you start to forget what time of day it is...which is all well and good then because its summer... who cares!
But now summer is over and I need to get settled into a routine as soon as possible. 

For me, I always feel most organised and motivated when I'm going to the gym, so I have renewed my membership and can't wait to get into the swing of things again. Going to the gym also helps to get rid of the stresses of everything else and so will keep me sane through the dreaded late night dissertation writing. 


2. Organise my diary 

Every year I buy a diary and say I'm going to use it and be organised and know what I need to do everyday, but every single year it sits on my desk empty...but not this year. I started by adding my lectures and seminars into my diary to make sure that I go to all of them. I also added in the dates that I have assessments due to ensure that I know that it's coming up and can get my assessments in on time.

3. Take time for me 

More recently I have been enjoying self-care, wellness books which allows me to take time out of my day to sit and read and learn more about being self aware and how to develop as a person. This, for me helps me to be calm and get rid of stress. 
For final year I want to ensure I schedule time in away from the stress of uni work to make sure I don't get too overwhelmed. 

4. Listen to my lecturers 

A lot of the time lecturers will give us tips on how to keep on top of our work, and a lot of the time this goes right over my head and I just think 'oh it will be fine', until it comes to exam season and I'm stressing out because my notes are all over the place. 
This year I want to make sure I have my notes for every lecture wrote out before the next class and organised so that they are easy to find when I need them.

5. Enjoy it 

This is the last year to be care free before going into the big bad world of working and being an adult, so I want to make sure I enjoy it as much as possible by doing things I love to do. While there is going to be a massive workload this year, I want to make sure I also remember to do the fun stuff to stop me going insane. 
You can have fun while also being serious! 



I am so happy to be blogging again and hope the next one won't take so long. I am mostly posting this blog post to hold myself accountable and make me do all of the tips I have gave myself in this post. I also hope it will help any of you going into final year. I'm not ready for how stressful it's going to be but if I take my own tips it should be a lot easier! 

Thank you for reading,

Siobhan McKerr xo

























No comments:

Powered by Blogger.