My routine - Tanning

May 31, 2018


Why is it that tanning just boosts your confidence so much? Thursday tanning is an instant way to feel better about yourself for the weekend ahead, whether you are going out or sitting in, it will feel a million times better with a glow. 
This is why tanning is such an important factor in my routine. 

Step 1 - Exfoliation and Shaving 

Body prep is probably the most important step when trying to achieve the perfect natural looking tan. 
Exfoliating and shaving will ensure your skin is free of dead skin and smooth, ready for a seamless application. 

My favourite product for exfoliation is the Soap and Glory Scrub of Your Life.
This scrub is the best in my opinion as it is just so effortless. The rough bead and sand like substance is perfect for getting rid of all the dead skin without having to vigorously rub at your skin. Also not to forget that Soap and Glory products smell amazing!





Step 2 - Moisturise 

My favourite product for this step again has to be from Soap and Glory and is the Righteous Butter body lotion. This is a thick, rich moisturiser which glides and soaks into the skins amazingly, leaving it feeling silky smooth, perfect for tanning. 




Step 3 - Application 

Now to the best part....TANNING! 

I tend to switch between a lot of tanning products as I love testing new ones, however, I always go back to the same one for important events, which is how I distinguish my favourite. This is the Bondi Sands self tanning foam, in the colour 'Dark'. This tan provides the perfect colour for me after I have left it to develop overnight. 




To apply this I use a tanning mitt, anyone I can find at handy, I feel that they all do the same job. 
I squirt about 8 pumps for each of my legs, 4 for my tummy, 4 for my chest, and 3 for each of my arms, onto the applicator and then apply that to my skin in circular motions as I find this is the best way to blend the product into my skin.

When applying this tan I find that there is not much colour payoff at first, however as it starts to develop, it gets darker and darker. 
I tend to do this application process in the evening and put on some loose pyjamas that I don't mind getting stained and leave the tan to develop overnight. 




I also will apply a tan to my face to help it blend with the rest of my body. For this I use the Superdrug Solait Mist in the shade medium. I apply by first spraying it onto my face and then blending it in with a smaller mitt. This tan is amazing for this as because it is a spray it disperses the product evenly and lightly over the face to give it a slight colour and make it blend in with your body. 




Step 4 - Washing it off  


By the morning I have a deep tan, the colour is always perfect before washing it off! When washing the tan off the next day I do find that quite a bit of the colour does go down the drain, however this does lessen with the longer you leave it on. 

Bondi Sands does provide an 'Ultra Dark' colour in this tan, however I have not tried it yet, but it would be worth a try to see the colour payoff compared to the 'Dark' colour. 

Step 5 - Maintenance 

In the days after the tan has been applied and washed off, I ensure to moisturise every morning. For this I tend to use gradual tanner in order to try and preserve the colour for as long as possible. The gradual tan I use for this is the Garnier Summer Body Apricot Gradual Tan. This gradual tan is amazing for applying a golden glow over a tan and also has an amazing smell. I love using this when my legs are out during summer as it just has the nicest smell ever!




Another thing I love to do with my tan, especially if it is a sunny day, is to apply a body shimmer. This reflects the light and gives you skin even more of a healthy glow and looks so gorgeous! However, this step is not always necessary. My favourite body shimmer for this at the minute is the Superdrug Solait Shimmer Oil. 





Links to all products: 

Soap & Glory 'Scrub of your Life' 
Soap & Glory ' The Righteous Butter'
Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam Dark
Solait 360 Dry Mist Bronzing - Medium 
Garnier Summer Body Dark Gradual Tan
Solait Shimmer Oil 


Thank you so much for watching! If you enjoy blog posts like this, leave a comment to let me know.


Lots of love, 

Siobhan x
  


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.