Spring/Summer Fashion 2018

March 08, 2018




With the lighter nights now starting to roll in and the weather being slightly warmer than -2 degrees in the case of Ireland, I can now almost smell summer. 

With that now comes the fact that those massive fur jackets and puffer coats may be necessary in the mornings, but by the time 12 o'clock hits we turn to sweaty messes dying in our coats because we don't want to take them off to carry them and we hate our morning selves for not wearing something lighter. 



With this season approaching the trends are also changing, so in order to keep up I have been following along with London/New York Fashion Week to see what the hottest clothes to be wearing this season are!


This upcoming season is going to be full of amazing new trends and even some trends carried over from previous seasons. With that, I am going to talk about a few of my favourite trends for Spring/Summer 2018. 


         1. Lilac 

Lilac is one of my all time favourite colours. It is a colour that I look at and just picture a warm sunny day with blue skies and the greenest grass.
For me lilac is always a colour I love to wear as I think it really suits me and compliments me. 

During the A/W season i purchased a gorgeous lilac jumper which has interesting flared sleeves. This piece will definitely be crawling into my S/S collection. I love when clothing items can work in this way! 


At New York Fashion Week back in September 2017, Victoria Beckham presented her Spring/Summer collection which featured a stunning full lilac suit outfit. I'm in love!

This lilac colour is one of the many pastel colours on trend for the Spring/Summer season and I so look forward to purchasing more clothes in this colour range. 


            My top high street picks
Mango Sweater  |  Missguided Bodysuit | ASOS Denim Jacket | PLT Crop Jumper  | Mango Trousers



        2. Bare it all
Sheer fabric have become so popular for Spring/Summer collections amongst many designers, and I can see why! They add a touch of interest into a otherwise very simple outfit.

My favourite that I have seen on the runways is Christopher Kane's interpretation of the trend, shown in the above picture. This outfit is so out there, however, when I look at it I can't help but get festival vibes. 

An easy way to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe, and inspired by Christopher Kane's take, would be a transparent mac raincoat, perfect for summer festivals! 
This way if you are not comfortable with showing too much, you are still able to stay bang on trend.

Transparent mac raincoats also make sure you stay warm and protect from the rain but your outfit underneath can still shine through. 

          My top high street picks 
ASOS Mac | ASOS Blouse  | Zara T-shirt  | Missguided Shirt

        3. The Primary Colour Palette 




Don't fear! All the cred clothes you bought last season are still in for spring/summer! (Thankfully because I bought a lot...oops.)

Although for Spring/Summer 2018, red is not the only colour in trend. 
We now have amazing yellows showcased like the one by Balenciaga above, also stunning green and purples. So basically the whole primary colour spectrum! Any bright colour in this category will fit perfectly into your wardrobe for Spring/Summer. 

A pop of colour is exactly what everyone needs in their wardrobe for this season, especially when most of the time it looks like a black hole. 

This colours are so easily to incorporate into outfits and can be done very subtly or you could go all out and have a colour block outfit with these colours. 

My top high street picks


Missguided Jacket  | Missguided bodysuit | Zara Blazer  | Topshop Top




Those are my current favourite trends for Spring/Summer fashion. I really hope you enjoyed reading this post and can take some inspiration from it and purchase some of the amazing, affordable items I have suggested. 

Thank you so much for reading, 
Siobhan McKerr x 







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.