Want the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette for only £4?!

February 01, 2018


Am I right in saying that 2018 is the year of saving? This year many people have the resolution to start saving money, including myself! 
Companies have heard this and are clearly answering our prayers and providing us with products that are so similar to cult favourites. 
Makeup Revolution is one of the brands in the beauty industry that is doing this extremely well... seriously that 'Shape Tape' concealer dupe...unbelievable!

Another product that Makeup Revolution has recently released that contains more dupe products is their new 'Reloaded' eyeshadow palettes.




If you have been on the Instagram explore page for more than 2 seconds, you will be able to clearly identify what palettes these are dupes for...

The Makeup Revolution Reloaded 'Newtrals 2' palette is very similar on first look to the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Modern Renaissance' palette, which costs £43! Whereas the Newtrals palette is only £4...crazy!



Although, it's all well and good looking at the Newtrals 2 palette and deciding it looks similar to the £43 Modern Renaissance palette, but how well could a £4 palette actually perform? 

I swatched the colours on my arm and was absolutely blown away! For £4 the pigmentation of these eyeshadows is insane, definitely the best I have seen from the drugstore anyway!



I was especially shocked by the pigmentation of the matte shades as I know that matte shades are hard to get right, especially when they are so cheap. Sometimes matte shades from the drugstore can be patchy and very dry, but this is not the case in this situation. The colours are beautiful and so creamy and easy to blend. 

The second palette I got in the Reloaded range was the 'Iconic Division' Palette, which is extremely similar to the very controversial Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Subculture' palette. 



This palette, I feel did not swatch on my arm as well as the Newtrals 2 palette, however, I have used the shades on my eyes and can say that they perform a lot better than they swatch. The colour scheme is so beautiful on this palette and is right up my street, however I know this wont be a palette that attracts everyone as the dark shades my sheer you off. Although I can say that they are quite easy to work with and blend fabulously!




Using shades from both of these palettes I created an eyeshadow look which I feel was easy to create and didn't take too much time or effort. The shades from both palettes blended well into each other and I had no problem with patchiness. 




Overall for only £4 each, these palettes would be amazing for anyone wanting the more expensive Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes but not wanting to spend £43 each for them, you can get both of these palettes for only £8! 

Click here and here to purchase these palettes online, or pop into your local superdrug store!




Thanks so much for reading, 
Siobhan McKerr x 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.